Thread: Janets story
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 AM   #5
Pat

Janet,
I am receiving my treatment at DFCI as well. I was diagnosed at 38 (2004) right before my 39th birthday. I am stage II, HER2 3+. ER+, PR+, and grade 3. I had two tumors and one lymph node affected. After 3 surgeries I received AC and Taxol then radiation finishing in April. I just started Herceptin last Wednesday - every 3 weeks. My hair is growing back (an ugly color but I'll take it).

I had really great experiences at DFCI - the radiation department is the best - the receptionists, nurses,therapists, and my doc were so supportive. Just wonderful! I have had similar experiences on Dana 10 as well.

I live out in Upton MA. I wonder how much help you have with your kids. I have a 9 and 8 year old and we moved here from PA without any family in the area. My husband, neighbors and friends really helped me - I would love to extend some help to you if needed! Especially with the summer coming and the kids being out of school. You must be stressed and just exhausted!

Good luck with all of your treatments and surgeries! Don't let this break your spirit. Feed off the love around you and you will grow strong!

I will send you a personal note with my email information. I met so many older women that meeting someone my age with similiar struggles would help me too.

Positive thoughts and prayers-
Pat