View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
Colleen007

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Passed my 5 year Stage IV mark in October (originally diagnosed at Stage IV with mets to bone and liver). And am thankful that I am HER2+ as I think that has given me many more treatment options (many of which I haven't tried...yet). According to my oncologist, there are still many things in the pipeline to try and I plan to be here for many more years!

Pam - My oncologist used to run the 27-29 and the 15-3 which I'm told are pretty similar. They now only run the 15-3 so I'm not even sure what the range is anymore for the 27-29. She wouldn't change treatment just based on tumor markers...when mine have been elevated, I get sent for a scan and any changes would be based on the scan results. Hope this helps.
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote