View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
donocco

Re: GREAT NEWS: FDA approves at home submit dual anti-her2/3 therapy

I do tarot cards like a relative of someone on the board (I forgot who exactly). I got interested in them through my readings of Carl Jung. I asked if my post would be answered and got the Queen of Swords which is basically a no answer, so Ill answer the post myself.

What Im typing is an opinion and Im sure Im not 100% correct but Im just as sure it is not 100% wrong.

I have no idea how effective the subcutaneous therapy is. As the serum levels of the injected drugs seem to be fairly good, the subcutaneous Perjeta, Herceptin etc may well be equal to or even superior to the IV forms. But only years will tell how effective these are clinically.

Obviously the SC drugs will save the insurance companies a lot of money. Obviously
the oncologists will lose money. The COA has come out strongly against the SC form citing patient safety, but Im sure they are thinking about income.

There may come a point in the near future where the insurance companies will only cover the subcutaneous drugs because of economics. If both drugs forms are therapeutically equivalent that is fine. Home infusions will save the patients time and inconvenience. Im not sure the insurance companies are going to wait for proof of therapeutic equivalence. Time will tell.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote