Thread: Food column
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #33
madubois63

Sheila - we should get together for margaritas!!

I think I'll do mexican tonight. Thanks for the idea. My son went upstate to check out colleges and visit a friend, so it's just me and my daughter tonight. She loves tacos but doesn't eat beef, so I use turkey chop meat (and actually like them better than beef). I have to make fresh salsa and won't forget the guacamole!!! Yum - can't wait for dinner...

Last night, I went to a focus group for my cancer center. Gave praise and critisisms about the way they run things. The center moved from the hospital to it's own building and is fairly new. They really did a great job. The staff is amazing and all in all, none of us had anything really bad to say about the place - mostly suggestions. What does this have to do with food? Well, they served a "light" dinner for us. Besides salad and a huge fruit tray, they had a tray of chicken in a Tai peanut sauce (really yummy), scewers of sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes and fresh mozzerella (very yummy) and grilled marinated shrimp (even more yummy). I expected the standard potato salad and cold cuts, but this was really great. There was a lot left over, so we all took some home. My son ate some, and I get to have the rest for lunch...
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote