View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #54
Tricia

Kat I too, feel unattractive although my Husband says thats my view not his. He has continued to support me in so many ways especially when it comes to the sex part... We had a very wonderful sex life and still do when it happens... Most times I feel very tired and ugly. I see women who have long gorgeous hair and I envy them my husband always loved running his fingers through my hair and sometimes I catch him running his fingers up the back of my neck only to remember that the hair is gone...I simply turn to him and say "it's gone baby" and he will say right back to me..."it will be back". I know it will and thats what keeps me going. I know I will beat this.. we will beat this. Cancer has an uninvited presence in our lives so we have to do everything in our power to show it that it doesnt belong, to continue to live, continue to grow, continue to love. I go bald almost every where my husband thinks I am gorgeous that way and he says its my badge of courage and I have the right to do so. One day recently we were waling in a store hand in hand and we passed by a mirror and I saw the person he was holding hands with and it brought tears to me my eyes.. I just looked up at him and said poor baby have to walk around with this on your arm... he looked down at me with a little hurt look on his face and said "Tricia, you are my wife and I love you and I am very honored to have you on my arm and I don't care what anyone else thinks" I love him so very much I know that he was sent by God to help me battle this evil monster called cancer. Stay positive, I know it's hard to do but we when we take back our lives.

BIG HUGS
er+/pr- her2 +++ Stage 3b
several tumors
largest 7cm
port placed on Jan 18, 2007
Chemo started Jan 22, 2007
Herceptin/ Taxol every 3d week and then my Dr changed me to Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin
every 3d week
Right Mastectomy w/ Lymph Node Dissection 4/19/07
27 removed 9 positive
Margins-clear but wall to wall
Radiation scheduled for 6/07
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote