View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Bill

It was wonderful to actually meet you, Chris. (For those of you who haven't met her, she has the most beautiful eyes and smile you have ever seen and she can out-walk anyone, I'm pretty sure. I showed up for dinner early because I was starving, but she wanted to "stroll" around a bit to work up an appetite. I agreed, thinking it would be a 10 or 15 minute thing. After an hour of hiking up and down the cobblestoned streets of old town Richmond, I felt faint and several times let Chris go ahead a few paces so that I could check my pulse without her seeing. It was rapid, but still strong. We had to stop to buy water at one time and as soon as I drank my bottle, I began sweating like crazy. Wow, I guess Chrisy got me all dehydrated. She said we walked 30 blocks, and I can assure you, all kidding aside, it was one of the nicest 30 block walks I've ever taken. (except for the alleys she wanted to walk down, at that point I switched on to 'protector' mode) We had a great time at dinner, too, and actually when she tried to sit down on that shadow in the restaurant, I thought it was a bench, too.)