Thread: Janets story
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #7

Hi Janet do you remember me? This is Lorri from Mem also. I worked resp therapy in the NICU. I just came upon your profile and want to wish you love and prayers with your upcoming surgery. I also am her2+, hormone neg, my tumor was 5cm and also seemed to appear overnite. I was diag Aug 2003. I received A/C first to shrink the tumor f/b mast, then Taxol and radiation- not the way I wanted to spend the next 8 months either. BUT YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO! I guess you can say we're part of the sisterhood! Your boys are BEAUTIFUL AND THEY WILL BECOME YOUR STRENGTH TO FIGHT! This is a wonderful site with very informed and knowledgable people. My advice- stay informed and be your own advocate, try to have a sense of humor, be positive and only hang with positive people and eat healthy and excercise. Y ou are lucky to be receiving the Herceptin initially to prevent an occurence. I didn't plan my BC to well. Herceptin used before a reoccurence is fairly recent. l should have pushed for it in Feb 2004 when I recieved Taxol. At that time part of me felt I should save my bullets. I am doing great now-on Herceptin and Navelbine with great response sinc Oct 2004. If I can be of any help please let me know. I live in Worc. My e-mail lorrimanz@AOL.COM
love to you and your family, Lorri