View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
mcgle

Tamoxifen - what they don't tell you about ...

Not a frequent visitor nowadays, but thought you should know about my experience with tamoxifen.

I opted to take tamoxifen rather than arimidex for a number of reasons. For the first three years, I would not even have known I was on this drug. Then I started to get bouts of cystitis, and these episodes got closer and closer together, effectively ruining my life.

Sometimes there was actually a UTI, but more often than not, my urine samples came back negative. Antibiotics seemed to take the edge off the pain, but not for long, no matter which ones I tried.

My GP (General Practitioner) said it was all down to the menopause, and that it was nothing to do with tamoxifen, as many postmenopausal women suffer from cystitis.

Reluctantly, I accepted this, and carried on taking the drug for the full five years, in spite of the crippling pain.

A month ago, I came off this toxic drug and surprise, surprise, the pain has gone and I feel like a new woman! I really thought this was going to be my lot from now on, and am so pleased to have my life back!

Why are these professionals so insistent they are right?

Mcgle (UK)
mcgle is offline   Reply With Quote