View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
DianneS

Re: Must read: Aloe vera and natural cures/healing

Hi Ellie,

You're so right about hosp. food! I think they must be conspiring with the drug companies to keep people sick...you'd think they would know about feeding people sugar and low quality food when they are trying to recover!

I took aloe for awhile when doing chemo. It helped a lot but tasted awful. Yesterday I found out there is a brand "Lily of the Desert" without preservatives. It's the stuff they put in to preserve it that tastes yucky.

I had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago and they said I have lymphocytic colitis which isn't life threatening, just annoying. I also have Barnetts esophagus and a small hiatal hernia which all cause tummy problems and heartburn. I am sure this was all caused by the chemo. The aloe is great at healing the insides after the damage from chemo. I refuse to take any drugs. All drugs do is hide the symptoms, they don't cure anything.

Elaine, you're wise to be on your mushroom regimen! I have been taking all forms of mushrooms since I was dx. I started taking Bell Super Immune Booster which has 'turkey tail' mushrooms and I do notice a difference. Red reishi in the extracted form is also excellent in reducing tumor size. What is interesting is that most of the hospitals in Japan use AHCC for their cancer patients, which is a type of mushroom. Why don't the Big Phama's do this? Because they can make more money pushing their drugs. They have no interest in doing studies on a natural product that they can't patent.

I just get so angry when I hear about so many women who are so sick from chemo or cancer related illness and their oncs don't know any alternatives. There are many and tho none claim to 'cure' cancer they can certainly help you feel better longer. And in some cases, the cancer does disappear. Many natural products can actually help the chemo to work better and leave few if any side effects....aloe vera is supposed to help with neuropathy as well.

Please don't put all your trust in an oncologist. Doctors only get one semester of training in nutrition so they know nothing about how foods or supplements can work with the body. Find a good naturopath, read all you can about beating cancer with nutrition.

Blessing to you all,
Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote