View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #14
Juls

Re: How Often Do You Go For Scans?

Hi

it's good that you see your Ct/test reports. I think information is power! Sometimes you would think info here is "top secret"!
I have been writing down all my blood results since March. Again I feel this helpful for me. So far other than Bilirubin high they are good. Bilirubin is high because of Xeloda & is a known side effect. I found this out myself by doing some research. Oncology team never mentioned this. When I commented to my Nurse about high Bilirubin she was surprised that I knew about this side effect. Her reply " you're giving me a hard time with all your research".

I have just had a CT where the team panicked about a mark on my femur. They wanted me in hospital that night for op next day. When I told them I was not at home - they called Ortho Surgeon who said no imminent danger and that they would see me in a few days at local clinic. When I saw Ortho last Tuesday he confirmed no imminent danger & couldn't understand the panic. Unnecessary stress for all!! Only good point was that I got CT report within a day!!

I know the anxious feeling well when waiting for test results. Sometimes reports take 3 weeks here!!

Fingers crossed for good results tomorrow.

Take care
Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote