View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #19
Lien

Re: boyfriend d/x with stage 4 cancer

That is too much to absorb for one person. I can imagine the shock and fear both of you felt. I hope he finds his own personal way of dealing with this and I hope you find the strength to be his rock. But find yourself a rock too, as this is a tough ride you are facing. When I was first diagnosed, my husband could not deal with it at all, so I was glad that some of our friends talked with him and gave him support. I found that I had 5 fabulous girlfriends who were all there for me in their own way. Two of them accompanied me to doc visits, one took a day off to be with me when I was just diagnosed (she's a dermatologist with a busy practice) and was there for me when I had questions, another one looked after my kids when I needed rest and the fifth took me skiing. I also had two online friends who corresponded with me through email every day during my treatment. None of them had to carry the whole burden of supporting me, but together they formed my safety net that kept me sane. So perhaps find your own safety net, so you can be his rock. And of course we will chip in here. This is where you can blow off steam any time, day or night.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote