Thread: love from kenya
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Vi Schorpp

Hi Christie

As already mentioned, sorry you have to be here, but you are correct -- this site is wonderful. Be sure to check out the search pull-down menu above and research as much as you can. Knowledge is power. When I was diagnosed in 2003, herceptin was not approved for early-stage diagnosis, and you are fortunate to have it with your treatment. I was on the A/C schedule and tolerated it quite well, although the effects of A/C are cumulative, so you may feel a little more tired as the treatments go on. I received my treatment on Friday, recouped over the week-end, and was ready to work on Monday, except for the last treatment.

I know how you feel being the first in your family and social circle to be diagnosed with this. I have 6 sisters and no one in my immediate or extended family has ever had this diagnosis. The truth is: The bad news is that you are Her2neu; the good news is that you are Her2neu because there is so much more available as far as targeted therapy.

Be well and feel free to ask all that you can think of with this board. They are terrific and a tremendous source of knowledge. Although at a distance, they'll never leave your side.
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote