View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
Erin

Hello,

You have exactly my same routine...welcome :-) (LOL). You can see from my bio below that I am node negative and with a small tumor, but my onc felt that chemo was warranted due to the HER2 status. Also, he told me being HER2 positive, ER/PR highly positive, AND with a small tumor was very unusual....so he was concerned. I also felt I wanted to be agressive since I am ONLY 50 and I'm willing to suffer some now to give me a better shot at living until I'm 95

I started my chemo on 2/13 and it was not a picnic :-(But, nausea was completely controlled by meds. Felt really bad day 2-8, but I kept up with most of my daily routine - had to push myself though. Found that keeping fairly active really helped...at least it kept my mind off it. Had some serious chemo-brain issues. That has improved.

I feel almost normal now (day 13)...tired with exertion (planting some flowers yesterday felt like working out at the gym!), but at rest things are pretty OK. Lots of hair sheding but no big patches yet..onc says day 16 will be it...we'll see.

Best of luck with your treatment - keep us posted.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote