View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
thinkpositive

Re: Round 2 herceptin/projeta & quit my job..

I quit my job also for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned. It is scary but at the end of the day I've never meet anybody who wished they would have worked more.

As far as social security, you should be able to get it pretty quickly if you are stage 4. They will accelerate processing your request because stage 4 is listed as one of the diagnosis that according to SS, get the "fast track". If you are stage 3c, you will likely still qualify but it may take months for SS to make a determination. I was stage 3C and applied for SS. However, I decided to withdraw my application because after all treatments I was NED and didn't feel disabled.

My understanding is that if you were married to your spouse for at least 10 years you can collect on his SS. I don't know how the process works or if he has to be full retirement age.

Glad you had a great time dancing on your 49th!
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote