View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
grandma2

i have 2 little boys who are the light of my life. the little guy is 3 and the big guy is 5. i've got 3 kids but only one is married and a dad. these boys have gotten me thru so much. i adore my kids but my grandsons are my joy (one of the last ones in my life i might add). you mentioned that you may be doing herceptin and tykerb. when i recently asked my onc about that she dismissed it quickly. i'm beginning to think she is too rigid and narrow minded and will not stray from the accepted protocols. being strongly her2+ i know i have to do what i must to live. since i had progression the last few months on herceptin, it's out of the question now as far as she's concerned. some big decisions for me soon i fear. i'm in south jersey and no big cancer centers with my driving ability so it's a tough decision. oh i'm also er/pr- so i'm somewhat limited in what i can take. my mets so far are confined to the nodal system in abdomen area, nothing in lungs, bones, liver, etc. yet she still is pessimistic with me. very frustrated. i pray each night for the wisdom to make the right choices. God bless, gm
grandma2 is offline   Reply With Quote