Thread: Food column
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #47
lilyecuadorian

WELL ,I own a explanation to Sandy from valley what is green lime in a can, and where can I get it? is a green lima bean soup put in a pan to boil like 30 minutes and add some cheese, a eggs and salt & peppers
well Pinkgirl this what you can do w/plantains:4 green plantains
2 cups vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Peel plantains and cut into 1-inch thick rounds.

Heat the oil in a small saucepan until hot but not smoking. Drop the plantain rounds into the hot oil 3 or 4 at a time and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Set each fried plantain on a flat side, and using a rolling pin, frying pan, or whatever else you think will work, squash it as flat as you can. It should have a circular shape. Return the flattened plantain sections to the hot oil 3 or 4 at a time and cook until the entire surface is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the plantains from the oil, drain, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve hot or at room temperature.
and you can get from any spanish store or american too(international area)OR you can go to this site : http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...html?rsrc=like

and the avocado ...you can do too manys things ...make little pieces and add some green limes and some cilantro plus a grated red onions mixed with everything you can add to sanwiches or rice is a good cholesterol ...
today I ate chicken with yuca ,rice and avocado salsa and a papaya juice ...still thinking about my dinner... I just kidding about pizza ...maybe a banana and some good juice
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote