View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Lucy

Re: Neuropathy and shoes

I don't know that I've had any swelling except when I've worn conventional shoes. Ditto for pain. My biggest frustration is the weakness in my legs, which seems to have gotten worse since I started taking the anastrazole. And I should point out here that even with it seeming worse now than just a few weeks ago, it's TONS better than it was when I was finishing up chemo and for two months after - no comparison. So while I feel like I'm whining here, I do recognize that it could be much, much worse. In any event, the nurse at my doctor's office said the anastrazole doesn't cause muscle weakness (information from pharmacy says different) but she made an appointment for me with a neuro oncologist for this coming Monday to see what options are available to me. The podiatrist I saw offered me a couple of medication options but I declined based on the possible side effects being worse than the discomfort I currently have. I'm not sure what else the neuro oncologist could offer but I guess I'll give that a shot . . . couldn't hurt, right?

P.S. Lovely picture in your profile Gerri.
P.S.S. I totally plan to steal the quote from your signature too.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote