View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
Unregistered

Re: On reactive lymph nodes and delayed diagnosis

Ok, this is how it went yesterday.

The surgeon is not nearly as concerned about the cyst in my breast as he is the two lymph nodes. I don't know how big they are suppose to be but on the report they are more then 3 cm each which in his words they are alarmingly large. His office is setting me up with radiology to do a needle biopsy of the lymph nodes and he asked me if I would like to have have the cyst in my breast drained while I was there so I said I might as well. I am assuming if they drain it that will be biopsied also.

His office hasn't called me yet with an appt date and time yet, I figured I would have heard something yesterday afternoon but I didn't so I don't know when I have to go for that.

As for the "special breast cancer surgeon" I tried to do that before I saw a surgeon but in my area they do not have surgeons classified like that. They are all general surgeons and you just have to try to find one with alot of experience with the breast. The surgeon I have I know at one time but it was many years ago was one of the best breast surgeons in the area, but he also happens to be the one that removed my gallbladder too so who knows. I do trust him though he his a very compassionate and down to earth doctor. If he can't take care of it he will make sure I get to someone who can.

I am still keeping the faith and thank you for giving me this thread to purge.

You can call me Becca if you want so you don't have to call me unregistered.