View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Joannie

Chest Pains on Tykerb

Hi all:
As some of you have been reading, I enrolled in the TEACH trial in May of 2006. I'm on the last 3 months of Tykerb. I went in for my 3 month trial check up early Feb. They took blood as usual and also I did my echo. Blood pressure and echo and all labs were normal. Within the last two weeks, I also had my 6 month check up with my regular onc. All markers/labs showed normal as well. Over the last 2-3 weeks, I've been having irregular chest pains. Some shortness of breath and fatigue. I called the trial onc. yesterday and they have scheduled for me to have a repeat echo and a CT heart scan. It is difficult for me to describe the pains exactly. I just don't feel right and I'm concerned the Tykerb has had some effect on my heart. Has anyone else had chest pains while being on a chemo treatment that has cardiac risk? During chemo, I had regular muga scans. How do muga scans and echos differ in what they show. I'm a little scared and hope it is nothing. We will run the tests tomorrow to find out. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Joannie

Diagnosed April 2003
3.3 cm tumor left breast
HER2 positive 3++
ER/PR negative
Masectomy April 2003
4 Rounds of AC - dose dense
4 Rounds of Taxol - dose dense
Removed right breast prophalactically
Full reconstruction with implants/nipples
No Late Herceptin Received
Started Tykerb TEACH Trial in May 2007