View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #7
*_AlaskaAngel_*

Janet, there are several options for vaginal use. Some are tablets. I find the Estring (mine is listed as produced by Pharmacia and Upjohn) more convenient, as it is inserted once every 3 months and I don't even know it is there once I've put it in. Per package info it contains 2 mg estradiol and 7.5 micrograms per 24 hours is released over 90 days.

In 3 months I will be making a switch from the E-string to using estriol. I am not unhappy at all with the E-string, but prefer to research the use of estriol on myself as one alternative to see how it works. Its use is more widely done in Europe but since it is not patentable it makes less money for the pharmaceutical companies.

The clinical trial for testosterone used a very low dose as the whole thing was naturally controversial in terms of bc survivors. As it is, if my labs start rising, the dosage I am using reverts to every other day.

As you say and as I honestly posted, the use of testosterone is still very much in question for bc survivors. But it will continue to be just that unless some of us participate in the research.

As you say, the testosterone did increase your libido at a larger dose. I do feel the testosterone has helped somewhat, and I am hoping there is a dosage that may be established that may eventually help the huge number of women who are affected adversely by treatment for bc.

AlaskaAngel