View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
Diane6513

Herceptin and I.V. Vit. C treatments

Hi, I'm new to this group. I just finished 12 x Taxol on March 22/17 and am now just on Herceptin til December, which I get every three weeks.

A nurse at the Cancer Center where I get my treatments, told me not to take Vitamin C and stay away from Soy and Green Tea while I was on the Taxol. But it was ok to take my B vitamins, multi vitamins, Omegas and Calcium, Vit D etc. while on it she said. I asked if I could resume my Vit C orally once finished Taxol and just on Herceptin and she said yes.

I've since seen a Naturopath after finishing Taxol, seeking help in making sure my hair grows back properly. She mentioned I try I.V. Vit C and B12 treatments along with other vitamins. I've done 2 I.V. treatments so far. I do not do these Vit C I.V. treatments 7 days before and wait 7 days after the Herceptin for the next.

Has anyone heard if this is not a good thing to do. Does anyone have any info on whether this will interfere with the Herceptin? I gathered it was ok, because the Cancer nurse said it was ok for me to start back on my Vit C vitamins. This is of course, a much higher dose than my normal oral vit. c that I was usually taking. The Naturopath has done this with other cancer patients, as well.

Thank you. By the way I was diagnosed with DCIS and IDC, Stage 1A, 0/3 Nodes, with Pagets of the Nipple, and HER2+, Pr-,Er-. Had left breast mastectomy Oct. 2017.
Diane6513 is offline   Reply With Quote