View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Hi Sherry,

I posted a long post to G.Ann when she asked for "words of wisdom." I think I also combined your post with hers (in my mind.) Many of the things I said in my post to her could apply to your post as well.

The book I would recommend to you would be the Greatest Book ever written.......The Holy Bible. It has comforted me greatly. Many specific versus "speak to me and and our God can be trusted. So learning to trust in Him and His word can bring us peace, comfort and joy.

Some of the versus that bring me great comfort are:

"For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and were called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

"All the days ordained for me were written in your Book before even one came to pass" Psalm 139:16

"Let us then approach the throne of Grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our times of need." Hebrews 4:16

"..and the God of all grace who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1Peter 5:10

"For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son (Jesus) that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have Eternal life" John 3:16

Sherry, I ask God to help you through your difficult time and pray that His word would speak to your heart. I've also read many "spiritual" books and love them but none is as accurate or speaks to my heart like God's Word does in the Bible. Afterall, those our His words..His promises and He can be trusted to keep His promises.

Sending you love and hugs,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06