Thread: The Campfire
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #31
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Wink

Sorry I am late today but last night Mighty Oak and I went to visit his Mom who lives in the deepest of woods here in Rhode Island. So grab a S'more or a dog, gather around the fire and before we start add another log. Someone please make me a Chocolate Martini or latte because this story will get me parched!

Storytime by Believe51

Last night the night smelled sweet from the purity of the snowfalls here. The moon was perched brilliantly and safely in the sky with all its splendor. All constellations were visible and as I named them I took every one of our fears and placed them on a star. The sky was clearer than I have seen in some time, a perfect night one could say. You could even see the reflection of the moon on the opposite side of the universe.

I was mesmerized by its beauty as tears raced down my cheeks. This was after all, the same moon we were all sharing. Although in different parts of the world, we share one moon, one set of constellations, one gorgeous sky. Most importantly we share one heart, one dream, one hope.....not just for ourselves but for all of our family inflicted! We are one union, standing together as a whole, staring down the barrel of Brenda's BB gun....CUT!!

...........We are one union standing together staring in the face of fear. Together we have power that is not just left in the hands of one. United we stand in the fight for our lives and most certainly cannot conquer alone. We can combat the darkest of nights but only together.

As we drove home late I watched a cloud move in front of our moon. I envisioned this cloud as the poison that tries to call itself 'cancer'. The air was crisp and my normally closed car windows were down to appreciate the cleansing feelings rising about my soul. To my surprise, yet my expectation, the cloud named 'cancer' evaporated into the vast atmosphere. The stars that I had deemed 'fear' slowly faded into the night.

That was it, the fear and the cancer had been absorbed, only this time it was not into one of us. We were free from it all as we danced into NED. My friends all carried Honeysuckle and Jasmine as they know that is what I think NED smells like. They actually placed some gently in my hair (Aw, how cute) Fear-free, Care-free, and Cancer-clean, that is what we now were. We danced and skipped softly as sleep blessed us once more. One more day we have to love and protect each other. One more day we get share life and a mighty life it is.

THE END

I will again be late since I am packing up Nitewind(Susan) and grabbing her fears and pain. We will need to help her rid herself of these thoughts tonight. I will be sending her ahead of me since her load is much too heavy for her to carry alone. Please make a comfortable spot for her to bed down tonight.

When I finally get there I shall try not to stir up Hucklebuck from her sleep, as you can see that BB gun has me scared!! LOL
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!