View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
rhondalea

Re: Eating Berries Might Help Preserve Your Memory

Have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate the articles you find and post? I really do, so I hope you never stop.

As to the topic, I eat at least six ounces of berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) every day. Most days, it's a whole lot more. (I can wipe out a pound of fresh strawberries in one sitting; in season, that means daily.) I also consume black tea in excessive quantities even though I worry about the fluoride.

I did all that before, during and after chemo. Over the long term, I have no doubt of the benefit (although it's not the reason I eat berries), but I can't say that my berry gluttony has mitigated the brain damage I have sustained (see attachment below for specific diagnosis).

What I have found useful for targeting chemobrain are the following: magnesium l-threonate (Magtein) and vinpocetine. Between the two, I'm almost normal most of the time. (There are other supplements that I think help me, but they're specific to my particular genetic weaknesses, so I won't add them to the list.)

It's also possible I have benefited from plenty of dark chocolate, although I can go without it for several days with no adverse effects. On the other hand, even one day without the supplements turns my brain to....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brain is oatmeal.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	932  
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote