View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
NEDenise

Re: Good News...Bad News...Okay News

Hi Again!
So...
Had an MRI of liver...small spot is clearly a benign cyst of some sort...but now we have a baseline picture, just in case anything pops up later.

Had an MRI of the "spot" on my pelvis...and psych!! there's nothing at all there now. So no bone met...no biopsy...no problem!

And...drumroll please...PRAISE GOD!! my spine MRI was clear!! whew! Dodged that bullet...at least for now!

Met with Radiation Oncologist who is on my Gammaknife team. Nice man. Surprisingly good bedside manner.

Still scheduled for Friday, August 10...start at 6am...lots of MRIs, several docs plan treatment...program robot...then the surgery...so I'm not sure what time they'll actually be irradiating those ugly little lesions...but Jesus knows...so I'm sure all your prayers will be in the right place at the right time!

Honestly, friends, I feel better today than I have in a long, long time. I'm excited to get these lesions zapped and get back to feeling like the pre-cancer, bundle of energy me that I used to be!

I have to admit...I'm really hoping to be one of the very lucky few who don't get major diarrhea from Tykerb...I'm due for a little good luck, don't ya think? But, even if I'm tied to the "necessary" for part of every day...it beats the hell out of dead...so it's all good!!

Thanks again for all the prayers and support. If I'm not exhausted when I'm done on Friday...I'll post an update...I know some of you worry (Nancy!). If not Friday...definitely on Saturday!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote