View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #12
Lani

Re: lingering side effects after finishing herceptin

By starting a separate thread from the Please list your side effects on herceptin, real and imagined, you have made it harder for, someday, someone to try to utilize the info for some "post marketing analysis" which might help them discover side effects which have not made it on the radar (or the in package warnings) as well as trying to see if there are tests to determine which people might have those effects so they might not given those persons herceptin (eg pertuzumab+lapatinib or other her2 blocker only) or a drug which might block those effects.

I know I AM A BIT naive, in that the drug companies seem to be ignoring their responsibility under fda approval to carry out this marketing as there is no immediate cost penalty for not doing so, and perhaps also as to whether researchers will find the data "quality" is good enough to get them to do more research/statistics utilizing it.

I encourage you all to add your side effects to the one master SIDE EFFECT A THREAD AS WELL AS ASKING YOUR QUESTION SEPARATELY IF YOU THINK IT NEEDS MORE ATTENTION.

ALSO many keep saying, I was only on herceptin, but then say they had chemo.

side effects can take time to develop (years in the case of radiation therapy)
so specifying the entire course of treatment and when they were received as well as whether the tumor was er+ or er- and whether antihormonals and what type were taken(AND IF ER- WHETHER CHEMO SENT ONE INTO PERMANENT PREMATURE MENLOPAUSE) MAY help identify whether the side effext (joint stiffness) may more likely be due to an AI than herceptin.

As few receive herceptin only without chemo or antihormonalss, it makes it hard to dissect out herceptin's side effects.

Thanks everyone for adding to the post however!!!!!!!!!!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote