View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Hopeful

Re: Frankly Speaking: Sex After Breast Cancer

I enjoyed this article, and learned of some treatment options I was not previously aware of. However, there are some discondances between the ingredients that Dr. Kellog-Spadt recommends we avoid and the ingredients in the products she recommends. I have spent some time on-line at drugstore.com and in actual drug stores this morning reading the product labels, and this is what I found:

1. In her discussion of vibrators, she says to avoid products containing parabens. However, most of the lubricants and moisturizers she recommends contain parapbens: Slipperly Stuff, Wet, Astroglide (Natural) [although drugstore.com lists a different, paraben-free Astroglide], Replens and Me Again.

2. She specifically says to avoid moisturizers with Glycerin, however, one of her top choices, KY Liquibeads, contains glycerin.

While parabens are estrogenic, glycerin is not, so I am not sure why she says to avoid it unless it interferes with moisturizing.

What she liked about Me Again was the ingredient hyaluronic acid, which I found is available as a vitamin supplement, though I could not find it in a lotion.

I am going to try her remaining suggestions, and will post if I find anything that is really remarkable.

Read your labels!

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote