View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
1rarebird

Re: working while going through treatment- male input requested

Alicia-
I can't really offer useful advice on how to approach your husband's difficulty understanding the very rough road you are traveling as you fight your breast cancer. But as a male who has traveled that same road, I can certainly empathize with what you are going through and attest that anyone of us would gladly do the other hard things in life, like going to work, when we feel so awful. I think we all would trade any day at the office for one of the nauseated, listless days we had or have to go through during our treatments. Sometimes you wish others could be in your shoes for just a little while so they would have a better understanding. But I suspect you already know that at this forum we all understand your situation and wish only the best for you. Good luck to both you and your husband.--bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote