View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
AliciaB

Re: working while going through treatment- male input requested

Thank you for the insights. My husband is very supportive- he even went with me to.get my prosthetics yesterday. But yes,I think he gets concerned about normal life. He is concerned about finances. He is frustrated that no asks how he is coping. He has made remarks such as " I talked to Joe. He wanted to know all about how you were doing. As a sisde note at the end of our conversation he asked how I was". I know this bothers him. I guess I am also looking for ways to help him as well. He is not interestes in counselling. I have given him the website "menagainstbteastcancer". I also really try to let him engage in all of his extracurricular activities-singing Barbershop, shooting rifles, gardening and yardwork How do I help him? I think BC is having more of an effect than I will admit since all side effects are being effectively managed, also the cancer has not spread beyond the lymph nodes ( pray that it stays that way)Any insights to help my wonderful loving husband would be great. I love this forum. Alicia
Stage 2B
Tumor left breast 2.2 cm
IDC
1/4 nodes positive
ER+ ( 98%) PR+ (95%)
HER2 (FISH 2.5:1)
BRCA I & BRCA II negative
March 2012 bilateral mastectomy ( Family hx)
April 2012 chemo- TCH
AliciaB is offline   Reply With Quote