View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
snolan

Re: working while going through treatment- male input requested

I'm guessing he doesn't want to accept that this whole process has changed your lives. If your work schedule stays normal then life is normal. It may also be his way of trying not to let the chemo schedule appear to be taking its toll on you. He may feel that by pushing you to stay on your normal schedule that he is supporting your fight not to give up. Taking a day off to him may seem like your giving in (which we know is not the case).
We try to put on a stong face when we go through this process and some see that as everything is fine and normal, but we know that not to be the case. I always tried to be patient with my husband, realizing he is going through this with just as much pain and fear as I am but no one really knows what we go through but ourselves.
Take your days off and enjoy you need not only rest but a way to clear your mind to help you stay focused on the journey ahead.

After going through this process my husbands only complaint was that he felt left out when people would ask how I was doing. He felt no one ever wanted to know how he was doing and coping with his emotions. He had to take the back seat to me. Just try to talk it out, you both are going through a tough time in your lives communication is the best resolution.
Suzanne
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote