View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
R.B.

The body is so complex you are never going to prove these links in the same way as you will never prove smoking is bad for you. The is a great deal of indicative evidence smoking is bad fro you but not absolute proof in the sense you can isolate smoking from every other variable.

I know this is hard to believe but IMO there is growing evidence for stress and chemical factors.

I cannot argue a very complex subject in two or three paragraphs.

I have read very fairly on this subject and you will just have to take my word or go and spend many hours searching and reading that there are links at a chemical level that are capable of accounting for links between chemicals involved in the fats pathways and stress.

There is masses of experimental research on fats and neurological conditions. It is not conclusive but it is growing in weight and quantity.

The lithium trial says "As prostaglandins are the most heavily studied eicosanoids in the context of mood and immunity I will focus on them in this article." "There is objective evidence that prostaglandins regulate the physiology of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA)."

"The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis) is a complex set of direct influences and feedback interactions between: the hypothalamus, a hollow, funnel-shaped part of the brain; the pituitary gland, a pea-shaped structure located below the hypothalamus; and the adrenal or suprarenal gland, a small, paired, pyramidal organ located at the top of each kidney. The fine, homeostatic interactions between these three organs constitute the HPA axis, a major part of the neuroendocrine system that controls reactions to stress and regulates various body processes including digestion, the immune system, mood and sexuality, and energy usage." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypotha...y-adrenal_axis

The student trial says "the norepinephrine concentration", which relates to stress. This effect has been observed in other trials. "Norepinephrine is released when a host of physiological changes are activated by a stressful event." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norepinephrine There are a number of trials that make the link to stress reduction occuring where DHA intake rises.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote