View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #65
Barbara H.

Hi, I am Barbara H. from Newton, MA. I was diagnosed in May, 1998 at age 50 with 9 pos. lymph nodes, ER-,PR-, HER2 pos. Mast. with 4 rounds of CA followed by 4X Taxol. Then radiation. NED until May, 2004. In May of last year stage 4 with a three cm brain tumor, skin, liver, and lung mets, and cancer through out lymph nodes. Surgery for brain met followed by sterotactic clean up surgery. Opted not to have whole brain radiation. Started on herceptin only. Skin mets have disappeared, all tumor markers are normal. Went back to teaching third grade in September. Teaching for me is therapeutic. Since last summer I have tried to stick to eating organic foods as much as possible. Just had my herceptin today (get it every 3 weeks) and my three month MRI. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MRI will be OK. I feel fine, but know that is not the determining factor with this disease.
This website gives me super support and my thanks go to all of you who have the courage and take the time to post. I especially thank Joe and Christine for making this website possible.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.