View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
IrvineFriend

Re: Neulasta and eating difficulties

It may not be the Neulasta actually. I always started feeling shitty 3-4 days after chemo. Felt fine for a few day and then it would hit. This is before I was on Neulasta.

I had lost over 30 lbs (and I'm not a big person) towards the end of chemo and would literally go 3 days taking in at most 100 calories (like one egg) over that time frame. So my boyfriend out of concern went to a marijuana dispensary and I smoked at night after my last 1 or 2 treatments. It helped me a lot but a lot of people are not up to doing that sort of thing. It's legal in my state.

I had to force myself to eat something - food was the last thing I wanted. But I found that I could eat chicken fried rice and my boyfriend made a batch at the start of every chemo. It's all I ate during that time frame until the marijuana. It took me a long time to admit I went this route, but since it helped me, I let others know about that option.

Best of luck to you both.

-Julie

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote