View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #11
Grammyof7

Re: Just Starting Out and Scared To Death

Hi Everyone! I am back again.

I was diagnosed with Stage 1...

Port is installed..... very sore muscles. First Chemo and Herceptin this coming Tuesday morning (10/18/16). VERY nervous. There are pills I will take before I go... Decadron - 4 the night before with dinner and 4 with breakfast (to help with negative reaction to chemo?). I also have Ativan for nerves/nausea and Zofran will be given after treatment. Thoughts on these medications?

I will have chemo once a week for 12 weeks...... Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year...... radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks....... and some kind of cancer pill for 5 years.

I am concerned about nausea/vomiting...... and that it will affect my busy schedule. I know I will have to rest when I get tired.... but it's hard to make any plans until I know how I will react to the drugs.

3 questions...... 1 - can you all read this? I am not sure I should be starting another thread or just add to my original. 2 - Also, is anyone out there a diabetic? I have D2 and understand that these treatments can affect my blood sugar in a negative way. 3 - Last question (for now).... how should I prepare for my first infusions........ it will be a long day!
Grammyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote