Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #189
Kmswilson

Re: Just for fun...

I just saw this thread! What fun! I have been married for 11 years and have a 5-1/2-year-old son, Jake, and a daughter, Ellee, who will turn 3 at the beginning of March. Before my stage IV diagnosis when my doc suggested I "spend as much time with family" as I could, I was an account supervisor for an ad agency in Louisville, KY. I handled a large portion of our GE Appliances account developing marketing and training materials and an internal sales training website for them. I loved it, but it was extremely stressful, and i worked a ton of hours. I believe some blessings have come from this last year's journey in that I've been able to spend so much time with my family, especially my kiddos. I've been on LTD and social security disability. The agency I worked for, however, is fabulous. They have stocked our pantry with carloads of food, diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, etc., several times over the last year, raised funds to help with medical costs several times, and they run a care calendar where someone brings my family dinner every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (primarily coworkers who participate), and they've kept this up for over a year! They are amazing people, and I can't help but feel thanks fo how blessed I am by coworkers, friends, and family.
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote