View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Lien

Re: PET/CT Scan on Friday, checking for Mets ...

Hi Greenacres,

I used to have similar symptoms, years before my breastcancer diagnosis. I had a very rare kind of food sensitivity. I had bloating, constant headaches that no drugs would touch, backaches, joint pain, nausea, brain fog and extreme fatigue. When I finally had a specialized blood test done, and went on a strict elimination diet, I felt lightyears better. I rarely have headaches now. Unfortunately my food sensitivities change, so I sometimes have to adjust my diet to get rid of some aches and pains, but generally speaking I'm fine.

This is not classical food allergy, so allergy meds don't work for me. It is food intolerance, which is very hard to detect, because the symptoms sometimes don't occur until 24 to 48 hours after ingesting a food.

I'm not saying this is what's wrong with you, but if the scans come back clean, which I hope they will, you may want to look into this. Please let me know if you need any help with this. I suffered for years, so if I can help you with this, it will be my pleasure. And if you don't want to pursue this, that's fine too. It is a rare disease after all.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote