View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
pattyz

Marie...

Two issues that I may have suggestions for, or not... don't know if you've gone over these already with someone else.

1) Wgt loss. My solution has been Megace. A nasty taking liquid that added 10 lbs. to my weight in just four wks.

It used to be the #2 in hormonal tx to Tamoxifen. The dose is small per day, 20ml= one swallow. I make sure I'm ready to down it, then drink water. It somehow also makes the food taste better. To me atleast. Don't know about others exp. I go off and on as my wgt. decrees...

2) Brain mets. Since my current-for-sure 6 have been in slight size progression, I have a folder named: Last Options. Most are oral. Many in studies or trials. There are 7 in that folder which I've faxed to my onc.

I will be adding something in the near future. These six brain mets have been with me, without noticeable symptoms, for four years now. Waited to treat them, yet one more 4! - months this time) until the very day I became 24/7 dizzy. (Only symptom) That began to clear after just about 10 days of my Xeloda/Temodar combo. My onc 'created' the dose and schedule for me as there is no standard.

Forgive me for being clueless: I would send these "Last Options" to you via email if you'd like, or if I KNEW how!! Just say the word.

xoxoxpatty
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote