View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #511
AIMhiGh

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I think this is a great thread. Herceptin side effects are so cloudy since they're usually mixed with other treatments. To the gentleman whose wife has the red eyes, i'd guess it's normal. I quit wearing contacts and dry eyes (mine are stinging) come up a lot on this site. Brittle or just thin nails also seem in the majority...Separating from the bed? I'd guess that's more than just the Herceptin. My hair a year after chemo but on Herceptin is still dry and frizzy beyond hope. I never really chalked these up to Herceptin, just chemo-rebound. for mental fuzziness, you might search for the Brain Gym (there's a .org an .com--both related). My hospital's cancer resource center had a session about it. The exercises are very similar to those I've seen used for special education and in neurological screenings, so it seems sound to me. Many of the things you can do in bed or while waiting for your toast to toast. 'can't speak to effectiveness, but there's hope, certainly, that the chemo-brain effect is only temporary. So with all that, would you all continue after the prescribed year?
8/15+nodes, 4.5cm tumor
AC/T+Neulasta (ev 2 wks)
Double Mast w/reconstr'n
Ov Abl, Femara
1 yr Herceptin (so far)
AIMhiGh is offline   Reply With Quote