View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #113
Bill

Re: Totally random thoughts and comments

I'm really bummed out about "Turkey Bacon". I've been putting off trying it for years. It was supposed to be my "ace in the hole" when I wanted to kick my health level up a notch or two. I mean, it's common knowledge that bacon is the best thing ever made, so it's understandable that I had high hopes for this turkey bacon nonsense. My son Daniel said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, so a few weeks ago, I figured I would try some. I was left to my own devices one Sunday afternoon and raced to the grocery store. I grabbed a pack of turkey bacon and threw it into my cart next to the V-8 juice, cranberry juice, walnuts, almonds, avocadoes, and bluebrries. I whipped through the checkout line and raced home and pulled out the 2 pounds of ground beef I had stashed in the fridge and worked it into 4 patties and began slicing a block of cheddar, picturing the awesome bacon cheddar cheeseburgers I was about to create. I grilled the burgers to near perfection as the turkey bacon simmered in a pan on a side burner. "mmm, that's funny, there's no fat or grease leaking out of this bacon. It's sticking to the pan" To make a long story short (I know--too late) I threw half a pound of that god-forsaken turkey bacon on the most awesomest fat cheeseburgers you ever saw and was horribly disappointed. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still bummed out about it.