View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #9
janet/FL

Hi Ronda
Good question. My last treatment is next month. I too wonder what changes theere will be. I was diagnosed 11-2004 with lumpectomy 12-2004. 9 mm tumor, no nodes positive. ER/PR negative, Her2, FISH postive. Turned down the recommended A/C. Had 35 rounds of rads and finished those in March of 2005. Changed oncolologtists and began Taxotere/Herceptin in August 2005. Now on every three week plan.
Very much looking forward to being off Herceptin and having my port out. As stage one. my doctor does not recommend any particular follow up other than seeing him every three or four months to see if I have any new complaints. He feels there is no difference in survival rate for those that are caught with mets before or after symptoms. I don't have the energy to fight him over it right now. I just want all of this OVER! I will have a mammo and bilateral breast MRI in December, but that is because my breast surgeon is recommending it.
I hope to lose the weight I am just now piling on. Four pounds in the last three weeks! And be able to sleep again. Also, my eyesight has changed so. Much more far sighted than before.
I am interested in everyones response.
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote