View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
DianneS

Herceptin's side effects your doctor may not mention

Glad to know there are lots of other women who have the red watery eyes. I mean, I'm not glad you have the red watery eyes.....you know what I mean! I have been told by: pharmacists, my onc and other doctors that Herceptin does not cause this. So, what is it then? It is the only thing I'm taking and I never had this before. I'm blaming it on Herceptin.

I also blame Herceptin for diarrhea, which I have daily and have had since I began Herceptin in Nov. 2008. My onc says to take Immodium. For almost a YEAR? Anyone else find Herceptin caused this? What did you do?

I have noticed a tinge of nausea after my herceptin treatment in June, for the first time. Anyone had that, and if so, what did you do for it? Premeds helpful? And I continue to be a bit queasy, not much appetite. I blamed it on the aromatase inhibitor, Arimidex and stopped it on Sunday after 3 weeks. I do feel better today. The nausea seemed to be worse when I began the AI in early July and nausea is a side effect. We are all different and I guess Herceptin and AI's being relatively new - how do they know how everyone will react when taking the two together? I am only weakly ER positive, anyway, which in Canada is rated +1.

Any stats on how much AI's can reduce recurrences if one is WEAKLY ER POSITIVE?

Thank you ladies.
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote