View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #35
NEDenise

Re: I Need a Pep Talk...Very Discouraged Today

Hi all!
It's so 'funny' that this thread got bumped up again this week! I'm supposed to go back to work, first day back since February 23, 20
11, and...well it's made me think about recurrance...disease free survival...and prioritizing my life. Add to that, the death of our friend Jacqui...and well...I've been feeling a little pensive...not discouraged exactly...but ... you know what I mean.

Then, up pops this thread again!

Karen, you are so right! Only God knows! And as the author of the awesome book "The Shack" points out "God's always been especially fond of me!" (and BTW - God and I are both especially fond of YOU!)

If this mess recurs...even 50/50 odds should impress someone who occasionally plays the lottery!...I'll just follow in the footsteps of my stage IV sisters who have fearlessly blazed a trail for me! If it doesn't...well, as Becky pointed out almost a year ago, on this very thread...I'll still be around to encourage my friends who are fighting the beast...praying, empathizing, posting funny things to get your minds off BC...and paying it forward...till we have a cure!

Till then, I keep reminding myself:
HER2 survivors are like tea bags...the hotter the water, the stronger we get!
(now THAT would make a good t-shirt or bumper sticker!)

And to quote someone's signature line (forgive me, I can't remember whose...feel free to chime in and take credit) You never know how strong you are...until you don't have any other choice.

And...so as my own "signature quote" indicates....I'm still trying to be polished up! My cup's overflowing! And once again...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Not just for the support you post specifically for me...but also for the wisdom, joy and encouragement I've gotten from being part of this community. I don't even want to consider what this year would have been like, without this forum, and the support of my HER2 sisters. You ladies are ROCK STARS as far as I'm concerned!

Hope you can feel the gigantic, love-filled, cyber, bear hug I'm sending!
Denise (who also believes in a cure)
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote