View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
lkc Gumby

Re: Nine years her2 positive !!!!

Thank you all for your kind words.
Lani, My mother did not have "her 2 testing" she recurred after 20 years; massive mets to liver, a liver biopsy was not an option. Our familial hx is interesting as all females on my mothers side dec'd from BC. However not being Brac A positive and assessing other cases like mine it is felt bymyself, and concurred with my fellow researchers that there is most definitely another mutation out there. For that matter it may be a number of mutations that have not been definitively identified yet (and Yes Fox P 3 may be one) The very incorrect assumption is that if one tests neg for Brcca 1 or Brcca 2 they do not have a "hereditary mutation". Not true...We just don't know what those genetic mutations are yet.
Rest assured though, Most Clinical trials have a subset of genetic profiling components, so as we "speak" data is being accumulated to identify these genetic mutations. Once ID'ed Targeted tx is right behind.
There is however so many variables considering one's genetic make up and response to tx.
I am privileged and honored to be working in this field and honestly feel there is much hope with new txs and ongoing research for BC and particularly her2 dx.

Dxed Stage IIIC May 05, 12 pos nodes
er/pr -neg,Her -pos
LVI
Right partial mast & partial axillary dissection-June14,2005
Right modified mast-no clear margins- June 30, 2005
DD AC x4
Taxotere X4 with Herceptin
Rads x 35( 5 fields )
Left prophylactive mast( atypia & hyperplasia found ),
put on Tamoxifen x 1 yr; D/ced due to endometrial thickening
bilateral recon (saline implants)May 06
Nipple recon July 06