View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #56
sweetsunflwr

Re: HER2 learning more is it a bad thing?

Ladies,
I appreciate all the information and I am still wondering. But after me and my oncologist spoke he told me that the Board would not even approve him to give me Herceptin or Chemo due to my tumor size 1.5mm. He said I can get a second opinion if I wanted to and he would set it up in Kansas City but that is a 4 hour drive from here, I am out of vacation and sick leave even though I am on FMLA I would miss out on a lot of money to drive for the second opinion. I just don't know what to do now? And I am 41 years old - thank you for the wonderful comment about my photo AlaskaAngel...
BRCA1 and BRCA2 - NEGATIVE
March 29, 2010- bilateral mastectomy with the left one being prophalactic--showing a 1.5-mm, invasive, component, grade 3
April 2010-Feb 2011- Reconstruction of both breasts, expanders to implants, with aerola tattooing and nipple reconstruction.
After Surgery pathology report-Pathology shows a 1.5-mm, invasive carcinoma in the setting of DCIS, grade 3
Maximum tumors the size of the DCIS being 7 mm, ER+, PR+ at 90 and 80% respectively. HER-2/neu is 3+
Taking Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 5 years
www.byebyehooters.blogspot.com - my journey...

what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us, which makes us stronger
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote