View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
Cathya

MBC Triple positive's here's an exciting possibility

Background: I have recently been diagnosed with stage 4 mbc and to the lungs. Whereas I was triple positive previously I am now her2-. As such I am taking a new CDK4/6 inhibitor Palbociclib (Ibrance) along with Letrozole.

Here is an article "CDK4/6 Inhibition Refined in HR+ Breast Cancer, as Novel Combos Emerge" including Dr. Slaman's comments (we've ALL heard of him).

https://www.onclive.com/web-exclusiv...-combos-emerge

I have been lurking and reading posts by members on the community.breastcancer.com Ibrance topic and I saw a woman who was originally diagnosed in 2002 who has stage 4 bone mets which are Her2+. Imagine my surprise. I texted her to inquire as to how she is taking a drug only recommended for her2-'s and here is her reply which I found very exciting

"hi Cathy - I used to hang out at her2support.org the first couple of years after my original dx in 2002. i was so sad to see that christine passed. 😢 She is the one who inspired me to get herceptin off label 4 years before it was approved for early stage BC.

I’m so sorry to read about your MBC diagnosis. I am only a few months into this with bone mets. So regarding Ibrance (I take it with Faslodex) my doctor said that it was only studied in Her2- people to rule out the Her2 variable and fast track it. They are starting trials now for Her2+ and he said we have no reason to believe that it won’t also work for the triple positive people as it really is targeting the hormone positive side of the equation. So he said let’s try to run it through insurance and a see if they notice.... they did not so we are rolling with it!"

I also googled and found a pilot study for her2+'s with this drug. Designed for triple positives with brain mets

http://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/..._suppl.TPS1110

I really really hope this helps give hope to those of us out there who need it.

Bless you,

Cathy

Diagnosed Oct. 2004 3 cm ductal, lumpectomy Nov. 2004
Diagnosed Jan. 2005 tumor in supraclavicular node
Stage 3c, Grade 3, ER/PR+, Her2++
4 AC, 4 Taxol, Radiation, Arimidex, Actonel
Herceptin for 9 months until Muga dropped and heart enlarged
Restarting herceptin weekly after 4 months off
Stopped herceptin after four weekly treatments....score dropped to 41
Finished 6 years Arimidex
May 2015 diagnosed with ovarian cancer
Stage 1C
started 6 treatments of carboplatin/taxol
Genetic testing show BRCA1 VUS
Nice! My hair came back really curly. Hope it lasts lol. Well it didn't but I liked it so I'm now a perm lady
29 March 2018 Lung biopsy following chest CT showing tumours in pleura of left lung, waiting for results to the question bc or ovarian
April 20, 2018 BC mets confirmed, ER/PR+ now Her2-
Questions about the possibility of ovarian spread and mets to bones so will be tested and monitored for these.
To begin new drug Palbociclib (Ibrance) along with Letrozole May, 2018.
Genetic testing of ovarian tumour and this new lung met will take months.
To see geneticist to be retested for BRCA this week....still BRCA VUS
CA125 has declined from 359 to 12 as of Aug.23/18

Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote