View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
patz64

Re: Itchy rash-Herceptin?

I also am experiencing rashes. After my first round of chemo/herceptin I broke out with terrible acne on my face. After my second round, I got a rash on face and head. head was itchy but I thought that was just from hair loss. Also my hands were itchy. Had my 3rd round last week, and for last 2 days have had HORRIBLE rash...back of neck, inner arms near elbows and wrists, lower back, backs of thighs, behind knees and in groin area. SOOOOO itchy (except for the rash on abdomen...lots of small red spots but for some reason my belly is not itchy). I went to regular doctor today. he said it's either viral or allergic reaction to something systemic...possibly medicine (herceptin?). He prescribed steroids and benadryl. I hope it works because it is driving me crazy! We go through enough, do we have to be itchy too!?!?!?!?!
5/2011-stereotactic biopsy: stage 0 carcinoma L. breast again, estrogen/progesterone negative. Nobody used the words Her2+ yet.
8/18/2011-travelled to Texas (I live in NJ) for bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with DIEP flap. 3 days later, left breast turned blue...had emergency surgery to unclog vessel and try to save the flap. 24 hours after that, had another emergency surgery... took a vein from my left arm and re-routed it to the breast. Saved the breast flap but went into congestive heart failure because of all the IV fluids. Spent 10 days in ICU...8 days on a ventilator. Traumatic experience!!! Then was told it was actually Stage 2, Her2+, and I would need chemo.
Now back in NJ.
10/11/11-port was placed
chemo starting in about 2 weeks
patz64 is offline   Reply With Quote