View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
GracePang

Re: Brain Mets came back -- Help Needed

YanKee,
good question. I don't know anymore what to expect from onc. When I was first diagnosed as Stage IIIb in 2004, my onc then was soooo lovely and he took care of everything without me asking. He left for another city 4 years ago though and I really miss him.
Ever since my recurrence in sept. 2009, I found I have not been treated the same. The first onc doesn't give me hope and ordered a surgery to remove my port after one week of installaton, even though the port worked well. The reason was the surgery was rough and they found a small clot close to the port (I had no symptom whatsoever). I fought with him to save my port and left him. The second one (the current one) helped me saved my port, but I have to push him for things; sometime, even for an appointment. I am confused sometimes, if I asked too much, since I sometimes feel that I am a trouble maker. I really don't know how other patients take everything without questioning. I think I will eventually change my onc, but I need to ask around and find a good one who would be willing to take me. They have a small circle. I tried to ask for 2nd opinion in Aug after my WBR. The doctor wrote a letter stating she would agree with my onc's plan, without seeing me. I asked for an appointment with her, have not got one by now. See ....

Grace
GracePang is offline   Reply With Quote