View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #32
Mary L

Smile Re: Chime in please! Has herceptin (or tykerb)affected your eyebrows/lashes,fingers/t

Hi Didi, I read your post and I had to respond. I was on Herceptin for almost 5 years. I had the dry, red eyes, brittle nails, neuropathy in feet and hands [feet worse]. my hair is now baby fine and I can't do anything with it. It was thick and had alot of body. I am trying to get ready to go to 2 Christmas Eve parties and my hair is a mess. I am just about ready to start wearing a wig. Now that makes me mad!!! I am 3 years off of Herceptin and the side effects I still have are, my hair, my neuropathy, my face turning red on and off during the day,[I have no idea why but it happens] and I have a severe problem with chemo fog. Chemo is made of all kinds of chemicals and we have to except the fact that there will be side effects. I wouldn't be here today 7 years after being diagnosed with IBC stage IIIB. I am happy to be here to celebrate Christmas and I will deal with the side effects I have. Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas. Mary L
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote