View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
DianneS

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors/Weakly ER +

Hi Karen,

I had assumed I was weakly ER+ and therefore not likely to benefit from hormone therapy. But this Allred score has been making me rethink my decision to not take Tamoxifen/AI's. The ER+ I DO have apparently lit up on the Allred test (thanks for correction on spelling, robind?). My new onc says I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy because of the reaction of these cells, tho fewer in number are moderately to strongly ER+. I don't presume to understand much about all of this. But I do understand the onc saying if only a 4-6% benefit, why not perhaps be one of those 4-6 out of a hundred women who benefit?

Does anyone have info/research on longterm effects of Tamoxifen or AI's? Tamoxifen can benefit the bones, AI's can subtract from bone building.....

In general, those of you on Tamoxifen or AI's, would you say that your general overall energy and health are good, or do you think these drugs cause more muscle/joint pain, etc than they are worth?

A few questions here. Thank you for helping sort it all out.

Diannes
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote