View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
robind

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors/Weakly ER +

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I take Femara and I am weakly er+and as pr+. Although it is true that there is a small benefit...there is a benefit. I was taking Boniva before I started and my oncologist recommended that I stop that and take Zometa. I was quite reluctant at first but did a lot of investigating. I have had 1 infusion of Zometa. The course is 2x a year for 3 years. It can be given by IV but I get in my port because I get Herceptin through October. In discussing the overall benefit to me in taking an AI, my oncologist truly felt that a small benefit is just additional insurance. I agree and felt that it was in my best interest to take it - if I should have a recurrance at some point, will I wonder had I not taken that small benefit to me would this have happened???
If you already have osteopenia and or osteoporosis, you might ask your doctors about Zometa or some of the others out there for bone repair and strength. I know of a woman who is stage 4 with bone metastis. She has been on Zometa for at least a year. Recently, she had a scan and received great news...she has absolutely no holes in her bones. That to me was amazing news.
Let me know what you decide to do. Robin D.
robind is offline   Reply With Quote